Tuesday, July 29, 2008

WEEKS 25 - 30

10 more weeks to go...

Week 30 has felt a little like a milestone. My pregnancy is 3/4 the way over. I'm seeing the doctor every two weeks now. My appt. yesterday showed all is well with me and the baby - heartbeat was 150. This week the baby has been the most active I have ever felt. Kicks, rolls, jabs, you name it. Is it possible to feel bruised internally? The baby really enjoys being active early in the morning - like 4 or 5 am. And for most of you that know me, I am NOT a morning person. God has a sense of humor...I'm sure of it!

In week 29, I finally felt baby hiccups. We started our Labor & Delivery classes - which have been quite an eye opener! We also found out that the baby listens to Daddy. The baby was waking me up and keeping me up in the middle of the night, so Mark decided to talk to the baby and tell him/her to go to sleep so "mommy can get her rest". 3 times he's done this and 3 times the baby stops moving around and lets me sleep! What a good child - already listens to daddy.

Week 28 started my mid-back pain. Sitting at a desk for almost 8 hours isn't so easy anymore. By 2pm my back is killing me. I have gone through 4 different kinds of chairs at work and I think I found one that is helpful. I have had to start taking walk breaks during work to help stop the aches.

Week 27 wasn't too eventful. I did feel very stretched, like the baby was having a major growth spurt. I started frequenting the bathroom more as well. This kid really enjoys using my bladder as a trampoline.

During week 26 we celebrated the 4th of July. We had some people over and watched fireworks. It was a lot of fun. The weather was great - the rain had stopped by 3pm. My dad and fam were here visiting. It was the first time he had seen me with my baby bump....he looked like a proud papa.

We went camping during week 25 - which wasn't bad at all. The weather was perfect! I brought along my giant pillow and slept really well. For the first time I didn't really get cold at night. It was nice to camp at least once this summer with friends. I've been to some garage sales since May, so I washed and folded all of the baby stuff I've collected so far. It was kind of surreal. A foreshadow of things to come.

I wish I could say we started the nursery, but we haven't. I believe that begins this weekend. Mark is going to clear out most of the room. The crib and changing table should arrive sometime mid-August. We've finished registering at Babies'r'Us and Target - I think. Being a first time mom, I don't really know all that I need and to make matters more confusing, you have all these other moms telling you the things they couldn't do without. So then I have to wonder if I should try these new fandangled things that have proven so wonderful for these other moms. Seriously, there is so much out there that I could probably fill the baby nursery so full with stuff that the baby wouldn't fit! Fortunately, I'm a minimalist. I'll be more happy with less items cluttering my counters, closets and valuable floor space.

This whole experience has been quite a ride....but it's not over yet.

2 comments:

meridith said...

Thanks for the update, that is so cute about the baby listening to Mark already!

Anonymous said...

Mija, it's so good to hear you loving your pregnancy and all the things that come with it. I am so proud to be an aunt for the 40 something time. But knowing this is your first makes me so proud.I loved it so much I did it 5 times,well actually the twins count as one, but I loved it all.Will be praying that God will continue to bless you as you go through the rest of your pregnancy and enjoy every hiccup and kick,it's so worth it.Love Tia Maye