Thursday, August 14, 2008

WEEKS 31-32



7 weeks to go....

Tomorrow I will be 33 weeks along. I had a doctor's appt. on Monday and everything is right on track. I asked the nurse if it's possible to feel sore from all of the babies movements. She said yes, it is possible to feel like you are bruised! I guess if there's a good thing about feeling sore, it's because your baby is active and growing inside of you.

My back aches have increased and so have my restroom breaks in the middle of the night. I'm definitely being prepared for lack of sleep. The kid still wakes me up sometime between 4-5am. I would not be surprised if that's about the time I go into labor. Speaking of labor, we finished our labor & delivery classes this week. WOW! Birth plans, comfort techniques, labor stages, analgesics, c-sections, etc. etc.. It's a lot of information to try and absorb. I'm gonna have to do some more studying in the next few weeks.

We emptied out the nursery room last weekend and started painting the baby's dresser. The crib is due to arrive today or tomorrow. I feel better now that we at least started working on the nursery.

I also went to a baby shower for my friend Tiffany (picture to the right). She is due on Oct. 15. Just 12 days after me. She's having a boy...but we don't know the name because they're keeping it a secret. The sex of our baby is a secret - even for us, but we have decided to let people know our baby names.
Girl
Brynn Arwen

Boy
Casey Beren


Other than some feelings of apprehension, horror and utter unpreparedness, we are quite excited about being only 7 weeks from the delivery date. Okay....we don't really feel horror, maybe just a little like two deer staring into the headlights. :-D Okay, okay....seriously now, how do you prepare for a little person that is going to alter your life forever? As we watch our newly- parenting friends, we swing back and forth between "what did we get ourselves into?" & "can't wait until our baby is here".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori, did you recieve your shower gift yet? I ordered and sent it last weekend before the 10th

The VanAlstines said...

Hang in there Lorien! That baby will be here before you know it, and there is nothing that compares! You and Mark will sit back in amazement that you had a part in making something so spectacular! I'm so excited for you guys!

MommaKristi said...

I'm so glad you blog!!! I'm addicted to reading them!!! Don't worry about a thing. Nothing will prepare you, but you'll be amazing parents!!! Just don't count on 7 weeks (that was our downfall and our little guy came early just to catch us off guard!!!).

Love ya!!