Thursday, August 28, 2008

WEEKS 33-34





Tomorrow I'll be 35 weeks....

In week 33, I started noticing how quickly I get tired. Going up a short flight of stairs gets me breathing hard..as well as walking for short distances. I also experienced my first baby shower!!!(see slideshow) My wonderful sister-in-law, Sarah, threw me a shower up in Detroit. It was so nice to be with old friends I have known since I was a wee lil' child. Sarah is pregnant as well. She's due in January 2009. This will be #4 and I am hoping it's a girl! She would be spoiled by her big brothers and my brother would be wrapped around her lil' pinky.

I had a doctor appt. on Monday...all is well and progressing as it should. I go back in two weeks...at that time they will start checking for effacement and dilation. Yippee. I have noticed in week 34 that this baby is getting heavy. My stomach feels as if it is in a constant state of being pulled down. My back aches are worse...now it takes only a few minutes of sitting to start aching. You'd think the problem would be when I stand. weird. I am starting to see some swelling in my hands and feet. However, it's just my right foot....another weird thing. I look down and my right foot is bigger than my left. go fig! Time to start kicking up my heels when I lay down....and drink more water of course. Our breastfeeding class was on Sunday night. I must admit it was very informative...I learned things I never knew. And so did Mark! :-)

The baby was on the move today. I think he/she is trying to find a comfortable position now that he/she is running out of room. The doctor took a guess at his/her position. He feels the head is on my left side, butt is down low and feet/hands off to the right. Sounds about right because I'm constantly feeling lil' kicks and punches on my right. We still have a little time for him/her to get into the right position. I keep telling my belly "head down", "you gotta get your head down, little one". :-)

People keep asking if I'm ready to have the baby. My answer is still "no". There are so many things that are yet to be done at home and at work. People tell me that once the nursery is done and everything is in order then I'll be ready. I must admit the nesting syndrome has definitely kicked in. I have this strange urge to go around the baseboards/doorframes and touch up the chipped paint. Then there's the washing. I've washed curtains, sheets, clothes, blankets...I would strip my couch to wash it if I could. I just want to wash everything...but the dishes. I hate washing dishes.

1 comment:

Lela said...

Well, that 'don't like to wash the dishes' doesn't change...but somebodies got to do it! Right? With the baby moving around sounds like it'll be finding it's final position in no time at all.