Thursday, November 13, 2008

TWO MONTHS OLD



Today Casey is two months old! Wow, time sure flies. Casey is now 9 lbs and 9 oz and 22" long. He has been smiling and holding up his head more. He gazes at faces too. It's been so amazing watching him discover the world around him.

Yesterday he had his first round of vaccinations - 1 drink and 4 shots. I never seen his face so red. He cried so hard but then once she was done sticking him he went back to his calm self. Such a brave little man. Dr. D says he's in perfect health for a two month old.

Last weekend, Casey made his first trip to Grandma & Grandpa Boyers. His Uncle Steve babysat him on Saturday night for a couple of hours. It was kinda weird being away from him like that. Mark & I out and about with no baby. I must admit...I had my cell phone in my hands almost the whole time ready to answer if Steve called. But, no phone call was needed. Casey was a good lil' boy. Then on Sunday, Grandma & Aunt Mel showed him off to all their friends at church.

Two weeks ago we had a "Meet Baby Casey Open House". Casey got to meet his GREAT-grandma! Lelo & Lela came (they brought my grandma), Grandma & Grandpa Boyer came, Aunt Mel came. He also got to meet his Uncle Bobby & Aunt Sarah, and his cousins Isaiah, Xavier and Gibson. A few other friends stopped by too. We had some professional pictures taken since my grandma and mom & Thom were in town. I can't wait to see them.




Last month Casey was initiated into a Boyer tradition....a trip to the Circleville Pumpkin Show. Mark & I have been going to the Pumpkin Show for years and years. We don't miss it. It was fun to take our little man and have him join in on our lil' tradition. I guess now it's going to be a Boyer "family" tradition.

It's hard for me to believe it's been two months already. Mark & I are adjusting pretty well to this new life. Although, there are still days I don't get a shower until the afternoon. All in all, we both have learned a whole new way of life. We have become accustomed to living on less sleep. Casey wakes up at 3am to eat and when he's done, Mark changes his diaper. He's gotten really good at changing Casey's diapers. We've had a few nights where Casey has slept for 4 hrs straight! Those are really nice, but I can't wait til he's sleeping through the night. We've kinda decided to start trying that after he turns 3 mos. One month to go.

Next week I go back to work. I have mixed feelings about it. I really like what I do at my job, but I also love being with my little man. Oh well, I don't really have a choice, bills must be paid. At least it's only 2 days a week and I know he's gonna be in good hands. Who's hands? That would be my wonderful friend, Nicole. Casey is gonna have lil' Reese to play with all day long.

3 comments:

erin said...

Oh I love it! He is so precious, Lorien! I can't wait to meet him and give him a big kiss. :)

All of the pictures were so wonderful and that video was too cute. I think I liked your baby voice the best. ;)

Oh, and that family picture at the pumpkin festival is just the best. I love the new haircut!

I miss you guys so much!! Give Casey a kiss from me and tell Mark I said hi!

Love,
Erin

Lela said...

Boy, he is just too cute for words!
It's great to see him smile and react to your voice (yeah' that cute mommy/baby voice)

I love the picture with his 'crooked' ("do I have to?")smile and the one with the chupon (choo-pone)in his mouth.

I sure do miss my lil' papi chulo.
Give him a hug and kiss from Lela.

MommaKristi said...

You guys look like you're doing great!!! I feel like I haven't seen you in ages-Jason's work schedule has included and will include several Sundays in a row.

Good luck with going back to work and please let me know if you need anything!!!

Love ya,
Kristi, Jason and Max