Thursday, January 15, 2009

FOUR MONTHS OLD


I am amazed at how big my little man is getting. He weighed in at 12 lbs, 4 oz and 23 3/4 inches long on Wednesday for his dr. appt. He also received a second round of vaccinations...which turned his face a shade of red I don't normally see. Then he was out...a sleepy head all day.

He's come a long way with his development. You can pull him up by his hands and make him do "sit ups". He's holding his head up, grabbing at objects and sits up like a big boy (stands too) - with our help of course. He's also learned to roll to his side (see video below). He's found his voice and likes to talk to himself. On Saturday he had another first....he laughed out loud! It was a marvelous sound. He has only done it a few times since then, but I keep tickling him to help it along. It's always something new at this stage. That would include a new size too. He's outgrown all his newborn outfits. He is officially a 3-6mos size now. I bought him his first pair of shoes...size 2. How my little man has grown.

In fact, he looks like such a big boy when sitting in his Bumbo seat. He likes the Bumbo and he loves time on the floor all by himself. I got him a little play mirror and it seems he enjoys looking at it. It helps when we do "tummy time". The past few weeks he is constantly shoving his fingers in his mouth. Yesterday and today I caught him with his thumb in there. We've had to start using a bib now that he is drooling all over everything.

He's sleeping about 5-6 hrs a night. He's settled down for bed between 9:30 & 10pm. He wakes up between 3:30-4am for that early, early morning feeding. Then he's usually up at 7am ready for the day. We had to let him "cry it out" last week when putting him down to sleep. He cried for 10 min and then he was out. He been really good going to bed ever since little to no crying at all. Now if only we could get him to stop crying before nap time. I am baffled by that. He screams and cries and is a big fuss bucket for several minutes and then he just stops and falls asleep. What is that all about?

Just after New Year's he caught a nasty cold. He had runny nose and a horrible cough. Thank God it didn't get down into his chest. I had the suction bulb close by so whenever he would sneeze I could suck all the boogies out. I figured if I got them all sucked out there wouldn't be any to make it down into his chest. He doesn't seem to mind the suction bulb at all. He makes a funny face whenever I use it.

I must say watching him get bigger has been alot of fun. He's starting to become more entertaining....and from what I hear, it only gets better.

3 comments:

meridith said...

he's such a cutie, i can't wait to see him!

The Chilis said...

What a little man!

TBrook said...

HOW CUTE!