Saturday, February 14, 2009

FIVE MONTHS OLD

Little Man...Man about Town





This past month has flown by! Casey enjoyed his first trip to Detroit - momma's hometown. We got to meet the newest member of the family, Tatum Leslye Josefina. The first baby girl. I was amazed at how alert she is. So awake and always smiling. She's precious!

Casey's other cousin, Gibson, really enjoyed having Casey around. He was non-stop hugs and kisses.

It was a nice weekend with family. We watched Isaiah play basketball, celebrated some birthdays, met up with some old friends and ate some of Lela's good cookin'.

Before we left, we got to take a "grandkids" photo.
What a bunch of cute kids!

Casey has grown over the last month and I think most of it is his head! What a noggin! He has been chomping on his fingers and anything else he gets in his mouth. He is a fountain of drool and goes through 2-3 bibs a day. I am beginning to wonder if we will see some teeth in there soon. He still hates "tummy time" but loves to stand. He has grown fond of mirrors as well. He's sleeping through the night and sometimes goes as long as 4 hrs between feedings...usually when he takes a long nap. He had a cold with a mild fever this past week. His nose is still a little runny, and a little cough here and there is all that's left. I need to do a better job on Casey's manicures. He managed to put 4 scratches on his face in a matter of 36 hrs. Sharp little daggers he's got growing on his fingers. His nails grow faster than mine and Mark's put together. We are lucky if we can get a picture with him smiling. And getting him to laugh out loud is hard work. He's still as serious as ever. I like to think he's analyzing everything that's going on around him. A small little genius in the making. ;-) "So Serious".

Grandma & Grandpa Boyer came to visit this weekend...along with Aunt Mel. They did some babysitting so mommy & daddy could celebrate an early Valentine's day. They brought him clothes and diapers and shoes and hats. It was like Christmas again! They love their grandson....and nephew. And boy is he gonna just love them! Can you say...spoiled? :-)

All in all we are getting along just great and loving this new family dynamic. Our little man is a new adventure every day.

3 comments:

Lela said...

Boy, he's gettin' to be a real 'lady killer'! So stinkin' cute! Lela erally enjoyed playing with him last weekend. Can't wait to see him sportin' some of his Michigan stuff. Te quiero, Casey!!

meridith said...

sooo cute!

drmacab97 said...

Oh my gosh! How FUN that you blog! I love reading blogs and catching up with people through blogging. Very cool. I have a blog too at http://drmacab97.blogspot.com. I definitely don't blog as often as I would like to but it is always fun when I get a chance. drmacab is all of our initials by the way, if you don't know that it just looks like a random strange title. :) Looking forward to reading snippets from your days. :) Mary (Bondurant) :)