Casey is now 14 lbs 12oz and 25 1/4 inches long. He had his 6 mos appt. on Monday. He has a moderate case of baby eczema. The doctor told us to lather him up with Aquafor every time we change his diaper. I like to call him my little greased piggy. He had 2 vaccine shots and screamed his head off...of course. And, despite that he's in the 15 percentile for his weight, his growth curve is normal and the doctor thinks he's doing just great.
As far as new tricks he's learning...
well, getting his toes in his mouth is the newest thing he's learned to do. If we lay him on his back he kicks those little feet up in the air and gets a hold of them. Sometimes he'll roll to the side, other times he grabs them real tight against his chest...and then there's those times where they go right into his mouth.
He's also sitting up by himself. He looks like such a big boy when he sits. He's not a pro yet, but he's definitely getting there. Today we went to Chipotle and he got to sit in the high chair. After about 15 min. he was done and wanted out, but it was a first! Next it will be the shopping cart.
A couple weeks ago we attempted rice cereal. He wasn't to thrilled with it. He made the funniest face! I posted the video on my Facebook...it is quite hilarious. Last week he caught a stomach bug so I took a break with the cereal. I just started trying it again and he's still not gun-ho. I've been told these things take time so we will just keep trying.
He had his very first bubble bath awhile back and he LOVED it!
Next week we are planning a trip to the zoo! AND we are going to to a local studio to get his 6 mos. picture taken. Fun, fun, fun. It amazes me how quickly his little face changes. Sometimes he'll come home from Nicole's and he looks like he's grown in the 9 hours I was at work. It's going by so fast that I wish I could just bottle up every moment.
What a hold that little man has on my heart.
1 comment:
He's So Cute! And i love that you are loving this parenting thing so much.
Post a Comment