Wednesday, April 22, 2009

7 MONTHS OLD




....and 10 days.

I am a little late this month posting a new blog because we've been soo busy. Casey is doing great and weighs in around 17.5 lbs. He doesn't see the doctor again until he's 9 mos. He's been growing and it's been fun as he hits more development milestones and experiences "firsts"....such as his first plane ride.

We went to San Antonio for 5 days to celebrate my grandma's 75th birthday. Casey did really well on the way down there. He slept most of the time...even through our lay-over. We went to a big party for my grandma on Friday night and then a picnic on Saturday. He got to meet most of my family and was passed around and loved on. We visited the Riverwalk and the Alamo.
We stayed in a nice hotel (Homewood Suites) and Casey went swimming for the first time. He didn't make a big to-do at all about it though. That's my boy....Mr. Serious. However, he did make a big to-do about Scooty. Scooty is my grandma's dog. He's a chihuahua-poodle mix. Casey loved Scooty and got all excited about him....see video.
For Casey's first Easter, we went to my grandma's church and he got to play in their nursery. The workers said he had a good time playing on the activity gym. We headed over to my Tia Janie's that afternoon where he broke his first cascarone (sp?)! A cascarone is an empty eggshell filled with confetti. You break it over someone's head. The weather was beautiful (except Saturday, which didn't seem so bad for us Ohioans - 60 degrees & cloudy). The flights home were not as smooth as the flight there. Casey did have about a 5 min. melt down...which ended because mommy quickly made a bottle - even though it was only an hour & a half after he ate last. Then he was fine and fell asleep. Overall, we had a really nice time and it was really great being with my family again.

Casey will be quite the experienced traveller. In just a few short days we will be flying to Florida for an extended weekend. I hope he does as well as he did on the way to Texas.

I have been placing Casey on his stomach to see if he would try to push himself up into a somewhat crawling position, but he hates being on his stomach. He immediately starts to fuss and then he just rolls himself onto his back. Many times while he's playing, if he's on his back, he will twist and roll on his side as if to roll on his stomach, but he never commits. He really has no desire just yet. Although he has been attempting to pull himself up when he's in our lap or sitting with us.

He is talking alot more...it started on the way home from TX. I think it was all the conversation going on around him that sparked it. He hasn't learned "dada" or "mama" yet. He's still just testing out those lungs to see how long he can make a noise. Lately, he has been sticking his tongue out and smiling. Don't know where that came from, but he looks cute doing it. I'll have to try and capture a picture of it. Sometimes he just starts laughing at the simplest things....like sneezing. I sneezed, he laughed. I pretended to sneeze for the next 10 min. and kicked myself for not video taping it. He was laughing his head off.

His solid foods are going along rather slow. He doesn't really like solids..see video. He's had carrots, avocado, green beans, potato and oatmeal cereal. Just this past week he's gotten better at keeping it in his mouth. He was pushing it out with his tongue before....which made it really hard to feed him. He's only interested in the food for about 5 min and then it's "get me out of this chair and give me my bottle!" I have a baby food maker so tonight I made Casey some squash and potato...tomorrow I am going to make sweet potato and green beans. They say to keep on trying and eventually he'll start liking it. I may start some fruits next week.

It'll be really nice once the weather starts getting warm. I can't wait to take him for walks and playdates at the park. It's hard to believe he'll be 9 mos in June. We are just amazed at his development and how much he changes from week to week. He's our little blessing.

1 comment:

Lela said...

I love the scooty video. That puppy was just his size.