His vocabulary consists a lot of dadadadada. No mamamama yet. In the morning he'll wake up with a whimper and then he just starts talking to himself. It's a nice
We just started giving him fruit along with his cereal. He likes pears, but not apples so much. He makes his gag face when he eats apples. He'll come around...I'm sure of it. I'm going to make him some zucchini this week and see how he likes that.
We went to Florida a few weeks back for a quick trip. Casey did well on the plane ride. He really was fascinated by the ocean. He didn't take his eyes off of it whenever we were at the beach. I don't know if it was the sound or the waves, but it was beautiful. We stayed at a condo on the beach, courtesy of a great family Mark knows in Vero Beach.
We also went up to Detroit to visit my brother and his family last weekend. We went to the Henry Ford Museum. I haven't been there since I was a little kid. It was fun. Then we went to Mexican town for lunch. I picked up some fresh made tortillas for .59 cents a pack at the Tortillaria. I bought 3 ... I put two in my freezer for later. We also visited the Mexican bakery. Bought some pan de dulce and canela cookies. Yum! The only bad thing was Casey caught a cold and he still has a runny nose.
This was my first Mother's Day. Casey got me pink roses that smell beautiful and opened into large blooms. Mark got me a gift cert. to a local salon...massage or facial? Decisions, decisions. Mark made lunch and took care of Casey all day. We went up to Ashland to eat dinner with my in-laws too. Overall, it was a really nice Mother's
Casey went on his first hike this week. We headed down to Hocking Hills with the Chilcotes. It was perfect weather and a good hike. We even bought a patch to put on our carrier. 1 hike down...many, many more to go!
He continues to grow by leaps and bounds. I am putting clothes away every week that no longer fit. What a head that boy has! My little man is growing so fast. Where's the pause button?
4 comments:
Boy...I love ALL the pics. It's so cute seeing him with sunglasses, holding hands with Reese-ie girl, hiking with pops, etc...they're all great pictures. I miss my lil papi chulo. I was expecting to see the 'steal the chupon' video on here too. :(
Lela loves you Casey!!
They're so cute together. God is so good!
so fun! what a little traveler!
you're not only one of my best friends in the world you are someone i respect and admire very much. i've seen you in many situations and circumstances and i've seen you hold tight to the Lord through them all. i love you my friend!
Post a Comment