Well, only one more month until Casey hits "1"!
This month he has taken his first steps, finally learned "mamama" and is cutting his second tooth.
I think the biggest development since last month is...Casey is going to be a Big Brother!! That's right, the next Baby Boyer is 9 weeks old. Due date March 21, 2010. How's mom feeling? Better than last time. Still have to deal with some nausea in the afternoon and evening, but not as bad as the first time around.
Today I started baby-proofing the cabinets. He's learned to open drawers and the cabinets in the bathroom and kitchen. We covered the outlets way back when he started crawling, but he didn't have any interest in what's inside those wooden doors. Ah, yes...doors. He's a big fan of opening and closing the bedroom door, the front door, the bathroom door...any door really. It's just so fun!
Earlier this month, Casey went to his first birthday party - for his friend Reese. He had his first taste of cake. He seemed to like it - which is a good thing for his party next month. A couple weeks ago he learned how to suck through a straw....although, I don't think he knows what to do with the liquid once it gets in his mouth. It comes dribbling out most of the time. He's almost a
Lela came for a visit last month. We all went up to Mark's parents and some of us picked blueberries from his dad's farm. There were a lot of blueberries. Casey was given a shiny Radio Flyer wagon. With some minor additions - a stadium seat & belt - he was on his way.
This past weekend, NaNa, PaPa & Aunt Krista came to visit....oh, and Luke, the dog. They brought him a new fun toy and we played the Wii. It's unfortunate that it was so hot here, it would've been fun to get out and about, but the weather did not cooperate.
Casey is growing so fast and learning so much. I wish I could record every minute of it but I just don't have enough room on my hard drive to store it all. And now that there's another Boyer on the way, I may need to get a bigger Mac.
7 comments:
Boy...guess we're all gonna have to pitch in and get you an 'external hard drive' for the extra baby stuff, LOL. Loved the update, can't wait for the party next month.
I enlarged the picture...Guess, we'll have nickname him..."mocoso'!! LOL
Tia Mari is here and she said..."if he's not napping longer, wake him up EARLIER."
"and based on his last picture, he looks like he got busted sticking his finger in the light socket."
"Upon further examination ( of the picture) we feel something is amiss! Why does he have marks on his face...and don't use the old "he fell down" excuse. Based on the look in his eyes, he's asking for help."
WHAT?!?!?! Oh my gosh, that is wonderful!!! Congratulations you two (and Casey)!
Yay!!
Love,
Erin
Congratulations. It is very exciting. I am sure Casey will be a great big brother :)
Well I am so excited about the new baby. This is when it really starts to get fun. I hope that all goes well for you and Casey is gonna love having a baby around. Miss you all, hopefully we can see you soon.
Tia Maye
Post a Comment